Wednesday, October 12, 2011

முஸ்லீம் பெண்களை ஏமாற்றி கற்பழிக்கும் முஸ்லீம் இமாம்

முஸ்லீம் பெண்களை ஏமாற்றி கற்பழிக்கும் முஸ்லீம் இமாம்

High libido: Alfa in attempted rape scandal • How he tricks victims for sex

The suspect. Photos: Oluwatoyin Malik
BUT for the quick intervention of the police, a self-acclaimed Islamic cleric, who goes about tricking women with messages from Allah in order to sleep with them, would have been mobbed to death on Tuesday October 4 at Wakajaye area of Ibadan, Oyo State.
According to reports, the Alfa, AbdulRaheem Rahman Sina, had lured a young married lady from a shop where she was serving as an apprentice fashion designer on Monday, October 4, 2011 under the pretence that he had a message for her from God and would want to pray for her. After taking her to his house, he had reportedly offered her a concoction. The after-effect of the drink however was that the lady became weak and lost strength and every sense of reasoning.
It was at that point that the Alfa attempted to have sex with his victim but she summoned strength and left the house. She could not make it back to her shop or home however, as she collapsed on the way, with her baby on her back. Passersby who noticed her where she laid had quickly referred her relations to where she was when they heard that the family members were already searching for her. She was picked up and rushed to a private hospital at Wakajaiye area where she was still undergoing treatment as at Wednesday October 5
Initial attempts to apprehend the fake cleric failed as he reportedly escaped through the backyard of his residence, but was eventually tricked out of his hiding and was taken to the hospital to restore the lady’s senses. However, the tumultous crowd outside the hospital went haywire as soon as they sighted him, asking for his head, which made policemen from Monatan Division to seek reinforcement from Agodi Area Command. It was then that the police were able to disperse the crowd and take the suspect to the Area Command for interrogation.
Speaking with Sunday Tribune on her hospital bed, Opeyemi Bakare, a-22-year old lady who is married with one child said she was in her shop “when the Alfa called me out and said he had a message for me. He then said I should pick my child and follow him home, adding that I should buy salt which would be used for the prayers.
“I didn’t know the force that came over me but I did not refuse his instruction. I just told others in the shop that I was going out. When we got to a house,  he brought out a cup for me with concoction in it. I could not refuse it either but the moment I drank it, I did not know what happened to my system as I could not get myself straight again. The Alfa then told me that I must look for a holy man to have sexual intercourse with me.
“That was the point at which I became a little bit conscious of myself and I pushed him off. I picked up my child and left the house but I didn’t know what happened to me afterwards until I became fully conscious the following day in the hospital, though very weak. He was brought to the hospital to come and do whatever he could do to set me free. He recited some quranic verses but said other things he would use were at home. However, he was not allowed to go home because of the fear that he could disappear”.
The suspect, in an interview with Sunday Tribune, confirmed what the lady said, admitting that his action was unIslamic as he was just looking for means to satisfy his sexual urge. He also revealed that that would not be his first attempt as he had succeeded in sleeping with some women in Kwara State through that trick.
Giving an insight into his background and his encounter with Opeyemi, Abdul Raheem said “ I don’t know my exact age because I had no formal education. While my father was still alive, I had a wife who bore two children for me but one of them is dead, leaving me with one child. I live in my father’s house at Oki area of Monatan with my uncle.
I was sent to quranic school by my father when I was about nine years old but I did not pursue Western education. I went into Islamic preaching fully and had been surviving on gifts from the people I pray for and give messages to.
On Monday October 3, I went to a friend of mine called Wasiu and he was one of those I used to pray for. As I left his place, I passed by Opeyemi’s shop. I had earlier passed by the shop and I greeted them while I was going. On my way back, I called Opeyemi and told her I had a message for her. I warned her to desist from talking about herself among her friends so that she would not be gotten cheaply.
“I asked her if she could follow me home and she agreed. She said she wanted to tell those in the next shop and also pick her baby. She followed me and on the way, I asked her to buy salt and she said she would buy it when we get to my place. When we got there, I called a boy, Rilwan, who was undergoing tutelage in quran under me and she gave him the money to go and buy the salt.
“I told her there was need to give her a drink which I also used to drink. I called it drink of mercy. It is made from herbs put in local gin and mixed with four tins of milk. When she finished drinking, I lied to her that she would have to look for a holy man to have sex with her. At that point, I had removed my trousers to have sex with her but as I moved near her, she pleaded with me to please allow to go home and come back because her bag was still in the shop. It was not quite five minutes after she left that I received a call from a man living close to my house that something had happened to the boy I sent on an errand to bring some people to my house. I didn’t go there myself but sent my uncle to go and check what happened to him. He came back to tell me that it was my attention that was needed as the people holding Rilwan said that they were looking for a young woman who went away with me.
“I told him the woman had left and I also opened up to him on what transpired between me and the lady. He castigated me over my action, saying that I should have looked for a wife to marry instead of what I planned to do with her. He told me the issue had turned into a big uproar and that the people were bringing the police. That was how I scaled the fence from the backyard and ran away.
“I ran to Adegbayi-Alakia area but I received a call on Tuesday from a woman who told me that I had once given her a message from God and she was ready to go through the spiritual process I prescribed for her. Unknown to me  however, she was a bait used to get me out of my hiding and I described the place I was for her. As she came and we were discussing, many area boys came and they started beating me.
“I was taken to the hospital where  the lady was being treated but as soon she saw me she started shaking again. I was taken to the police station.”
Abdulraheem also confessed that it would not be his first time of doing this as he used the same trick to sleep with three women in Kwara. “I admit that I am not  a true Islamic cleric and what I did is against Islamic doctrines. I was only using tricks to sleep with women. Sunday Tribune learnt that the herbs in the concoction was marijuana.
The Police Public Relations Officer in Oyo State, ASP Femi Okanlawon confirmed the story to Sunday Tribune, saying that two other suspects, the Alfa’s uncle, Gafari Raji (48)  and one AbdulJeleel Alade (20) who prepared the concoction for him, had been arrested along with the Alfa. He added that the trio were charged to Chief Magistrate Court at Ejioku on Thursday on a six-count charge of attempted rape, unlawful administration of poison to endanger human life, conduct likely to cause breach of peace by destroying concoction, aiding and abetting, conspiracy and stealing.
While the suspects were granted bail on three of the six-count charge, the Chief Magistrate ordered them to be remanded in prison custody based on the charges of conspiracy, attempted rape and endangering of life through the administration of poisonous substance. The case had been adjourned to November 3 for hearing.

No comments: